Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

AMC Best Picture Showcase

Basically, I've come to the conclusion that I have to, without a doubt, go to the AMC Best Picture Showcase every year because its awesome! Its a bit difficult to sit through hours of movies, but its SO worth it!

The first movie was MILK. I had seen it before, and it

 was great the second time around as well.

I think it was a good movie for them to start with.

Although knowing the ending because of the obvious reason
of Harvey Milk being a real person, Its a great movie that has a
 great message, and I think it was a good time for them to make this movie.



It was GREAT to see Emile Hirsch being completley
out of his element! He was fantastic! Same with James Franco!Sean Penn was GREAT.
 A part of his performance reminded me of I Am Sam, which he was also amazing in. I really think that Sean Penn would deserve the academy award, but I wonder if he will be overlooked.



The Second film was THE READER. The reader was great as well.

Its always interesting to see the war and holocaust from different points of view than we are use to seeing.

I thought that Kate was GREAT. I didn't know much about the film going into it. I had no idea that Ralph Fiennes was in it! I guess I should have looked at the poster. The young guy in the film was really great. The way that Kate looked when she had aged was really amazing. It was perfect!



The Third film was THE
CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON. This was the other one that I had seen before. I really enjoy this movie, but its more on the lines of
entertainment, I don't think its going to win Best
 Picture. Everyone was great in this movie, I thought they did an amazing job playing all the ages. I'm surprised that Cate Blanchette wasn't nominated. Taraji P. Henson was fabulous!


I loved her! I cried so much at the end, I think even more the second time around! The most amazing part was the makeup and CG that they did for the film. It must have taken a lot of work, and It makes me really appreciate it. It was insane to see Brad Pitt really young, because he REALLY looked like himself 20 years ago. INSANE!


The fourth movie was Slumdog Millionaire. I was, like the rest of the people who hadn't seen the movie, a bit stand off ish about it because its been winning everything. But, it was AMAZING.

This is totally going to win, and is totally going to deserve it! Its sad, and happy and AMAZING. I can't believe I hadn't seen it sooner! The actors were great! From the little kids to the big kids, to the adults. It was a thrill ride of emotions! It was extremely engaging,
which makes me feel like its going to take home the prize! I am just amazed. The movie isn't about "who wants to be a millionaire" and him wanting money. It was because he wanted to find HER. God this movie is great!



Frost/Nixon was the last movie. It was REALLY interesting to me! I feel like, growing up by the Nixon Library, I would have known more about him. I didn't know about these interviews and i'm going to look them up on youtube! I thought Frank Langella was GREAT as well as Michael Sheen, who is awesome in everything! It was great, but I don't think people will vote for it to win best picture.

0 comments: